Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Random thoughts for the week

This week is rough (and it's only Tuesday!).  I'm tired.  I'm at the tail end of a cold (that I originally thought was just allergies).  Probably a small version of what Lu had for the past two weeks.

Miss Lu is a rolling over champion!  Yeah!  But, she does it at night, and gets stuck in parts of her crib, and needs help. Boo!  Just when she is starting to space out feedings, this happens.  I swear, it feels like I will never have an uninterrupted night's sleep again.

We are phasing out Cy's nap time.  It's a tough decision, but he's had trouble going to sleep at night for the past few weeks.  So, we are letting him sleep for one hour if he needs it, and enforcing 1 hour of quiet time if he doesn't.  Although I miss those two hours, this route seems to be improving his night time sleeping.

The difference in Cy's "play" is dramatic.  Over the past few months, I've noticed how much his imagination has grown, and how well he is independently playing.  He loves to role-play with action figures and make them have conversations.  It is really cute, and fun to play along with him.

They make single serve formula!  Hooray!  We are going to need to start supplementing Lu with about 2-3 ounces per day, and this is perfect.  I was worried about opening a can and having it expire (one month after opening) before using it all. I really hope she drinks it without too much trouble....

Lulu is determined to drive me crazy with the eating.  She desperately wants to eat what we are eating.  She almost attacked my water glass last night until I let her have some.  If I try purees or cereal, she closes her mouth and turns her face.  If I persist, she gets really aggravated.  Well, I suppose she couldn't be easy with everything!  So, I'm trying the Baby Led Weaning thing, and giving her real foods.  I still use one of those mesh food feeders, cause she can't grasp the food very well, and she seems to like it.  We've done banana, avocado, and watermelon.  Tonight we'll try some sweet potato.  It all seemed like so much more fun the first time around (but Cy was very easy and enthusiastic about eating).

Overall, things are going pretty well.  I've felt that the past few weeks were really touch and go, and felt a little edgy or "off".  Not sure exactly why.  Things feel a little better now, so maybe it was just a phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment