Tuesday, June 26, 2012

a FUNK

I feel like I've been in a bit of a funk lately.  It comes and goes, but always seems to be underlying.  I don't know why.  It's putting a bit of a strain between Matt and I, which is just not cool.  I think it is just the stress of having two kids and working full time.  

I'm having a tough time finding the balance.  I'm having a tough time staying present and enjoying life.  I feel like I spend a lot of time either "planning" or "doing", and that I can't just relax.  I really need to work on this, cause I think it's just making me cranky.  I'm finding that the yoga does help, but I don't have enough time to do it more than once a week.  I know that the first year of having a baby is the hardest one (at least it was the first time around), and that this will pass....but I really just want to snap out of it.  I'm TRYING...I really am. What I can't figure out is WHY I'm not happier than I am.  I should be.  I have an awesome husband (who puts up with a lot of my crap!), two really great kids, a job that I really like, a nice house, etc.  These things should add up to elation, right?  Maybe I just need some sleep and perspective.  Maybe I should just stop complaining.

SO...on a happier note, the kids and I had a great day on Friday.  It was warm outside, and a little water play was called for.  They loved it.  I love watching them "play" together.  Those moments really are the best of times.  

Bathing suit beauty


My sweet and happy boy






Happy kids in the pool




No comments:

Post a Comment