Monday, May 14, 2012

A Great Mother's Day

Being a mom is really the hardest job there is....but it is also the most rewarding.  My kids make me incredibly happy and I feel so lucky to be their mom.  I never thought this was the path my life would take, and now I can say that I can't imagine my life without them.  (Although, I do reflect back and wonder what the heck I did with all of my free time!?!?!)

My son adores my daughter, and she smiles the biggest for him.  My hope for them is that they have a lifelong friendship.  


Adorable.

So, this weekend was really busy, but the weather was great, and we had a lot of great "family" time.  We had T-ball on Saturday (cutest thing ever) and then a party at the neighbor's house.  Watching Cy play with the "big kids" (they were all in the 10 to 15 ish range) was a hoot.  They are such great kids, and let him tag along with them, throwing Boccie balls, climbing trees, and playing hide and seek.  He was worn out at the end of the night, but exhilarated at all of the excitement. 

On Sunday (Mother's Day), I got to sleep in for a bit (until 7:30!), then Matt made pancake breakfast.  When he went for a run, I got to spend some quality playtime with the kids.  It was nice to just sit and play Legos, and not have to rush around and go anywhere.  It was a great way to reflect and realize that this is what its all about.  Sitting with your kids, interacting, playing, watching their wheels turn.  Amazing.  Little minds at work.  Cy was busy building a robot (deciding if he would be a good guy or a bad guy), while Lu just wants to grab things and put them in her mouth.    

When Matt got back, we planted the Gerbera Daisies that Cy had picked out for me for Mother's Day.  He was so sweet with them, and Matt said he picked them out on his own, without any prompting.  He was so cute when he gave them to me....almost shy.

Later in the evening I got to go to Yoga class.  WOW.  This was the first class I've ever attended, and it was awesome!  I felt so great, very energized.  I'm going to make an effort to make this my Sunday routine.  Getting out and away to do something for myself is exactly what I needed.  I think this will be the key to my sanity.  I'm definitely sore today, so the physical benefits will be good as well.  Hopefully I can prevent "mom butt".
ha.

AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment