Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Almost time to supplement

My freezer stash has dwindled. I have enough to make it through next week, then I will need to supplement for Lu. It will be about 2 weeks shy of 6 months of exclusive breast feeding!! I'm really glad I made it this long, and surprised that I feel a little sad right now. I don't have anything against formula, I gave it to Cy at 3 months old when he was away from me, and he is fine. I didn't have the patience or the desire to pump for him. For some reason, I felt that it was very important to pump for Lulu. I don't know why. But, it's been a source of pride. I feel good knowing that since things are working well for us, that I am doing my best to keep it going.

Now we are at a point in time where she drinks 18 ounces when she is at daycare, and I'm only pumping about 15 ounces per day. I was tempted to add pumping sessions or even start pumping on the weekends when I realized that the frozen supply will be gone after next week, but I decided against it. Adding 3 ounces of formula a day is fine. I'm just wondering if I should add it to the 3 ounces of pumped milk, or make a separate bottle?

We started solids with her, and she couldn't be more opposite from how Cy was. She shows very little interest, and appears to enjoy chewing on the bib more than anything else. Although, she really seemed to enjoy the avocado. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment