Thursday, May 10, 2012

Feeling better

So, this week is so much better than last week.  I really think that some kind of hormonal shifts were making me feel so miserable, and they might have evened out.  Who really knows?  I just know I am thankful to feel like a normal person again.

With Mother's Day coming up this weekend, it reminds me we really do go through so much (physically and mentally) for our children.  It amazes me the full spectrum of feelings that children can cause...from joy through frustration and even anxiety.  I'm also amazed by the realization that when you keep thinking things will get easier, they really just get more complicated.  The "problems" of a newborn are nothing compared to the power struggles of a 3 year old.  I can't even imagine the challenges of the teenage years.

I'm learning to savor all of it.  I'm reminding myself that this time really does fly by and if I don't take time to enjoy it, it will be gone. It's easier to remember this with the baby, since I *know* this is the "last time" I'll be doing all these things.  The finality of it makes it easier to deal with the not-so-fun parts.


No comments:

Post a Comment