Monday, July 2, 2012

Learning to chill

When I'm busy, I get stressed because I feel like I have too much to do.

When I'm idle, I get antsy if I don't have something to do.
I guess that as an adult, it's easy to lose the ability to "play" and forget about everyday adult concerns.

Please.  Let me re-learn the fine art of relaxation.  Let me stop trying to plan and schedule each waking moment.  Let me enjoy the day as it comes.  

I worked on it this weekend, and feel like I succeeded.  On Saturday afternoon, Matt took Cy to the movies, and I had some free time with Lu.  We just relaxed and "played". After they returned, Matt and I were actually able to sit outside and drink a beer while we talked and let the kids play.  It was really nice....relaxing, even!

While Lu had a long nap on Sunday morning, I spent some lovely leisure time playing with Cy.  It felt easy and fun.  I think he enjoyed it even more than I did.  Earlier in the morning, I gave him a few options for what to "do" that day, and he chose "stay home and play".  It's funny how in-tune kids are.  

I don't know why it should take conscious effort on my part to relax.  Seems contrary.

No comments:

Post a Comment