Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Old ladies

Seems like recently I've had several older women approach me while I am out with the kids.  They feel the need to tell me that these are the best days of my life, and that I should really enjoy them.

I know this is not a new theme.  I know that they are sincere and mean no harm.  I know.
BUT, I think they need to remove their rose colored glasses and leave me the hell alone.

I'm on a streak of really bad night's sleep, my 4 year old DOES NOT LISTEN, and the baby is imminently teething (aren't they always).  Nursing has become a contact sport, where there is hair pulling, pinching, and complete distraction.  Just getting out the door in the morning requires bribes and coddling.  There are endless dishes and laundry.  I don't get any alone time (except for the 10 minutes I spend in the shower).  Did I mention that I haven't had a full night's sleep in over 8 months?

So, yes.  I realize that your children are older now, or have even left the nest.  I know that you think you miss these days.  Please don't remind me.  There are several moments that I love and cherish, BUT if these are the best days of my life?  Please.  Take me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment