Monday, April 5, 2010

Manic Monday

I am starting to feel manic in the highs and lows that are coming my way.  It is almost starting to feel joke-like at this point.

Firstly, I had a superb birthday....my mom came to visit from PA, and she is such a wonderful mom and grandmom.  She loves my son and my son LOVES her.  It is endearing to watch them play together.  Its a glimpse of genes passed along, but also an inkling of how it might have been when I was that age. 

I got to have a "date" with my husband while my mom watched my son.  That was great.  We hadn't had a date since October, and were long overdue.  I love being a parent, but sometimes I really miss that alone time with my husband.  He really is an amazing guy, and I'm so lucky to have him.

So all of the other stuff is pretty much the opposite of good.

We had massive flooding due to all of the rain in March.  The basement had 9 inches of water at its highest.  Its "dry" now, but the humidity down there is still quite high.  Hopefully the two de-humidifiers will do the trick.  Removing all of that water was quite a task.  There was a lot of ruined things....and the hot water heater and washer are both questionable right now. 

 I had a doctor's appointment to x-ray my wrist, and the scaphoid fracture is non-union (not healing).  In fact, the bone is starting to die.  So, I'm still in a cast, and awaiting an appointment with a hand surgeon who will probably have to do a bone graft.
(As a completely absurd side note:  I got a flat tire on the way to the doctor's appointment today)

I swear, its really a bad year.  The bad luck just keeps pouring in.  I am trying to stay positive and think about all of the wonderful things in my life.  There are lots of them, and I am lucky.  Maybe I should have my chakra's re-aligned just for good measure?  Anyone out there have a good luck (or how about just average luck) potion?

AJ

1 comment:

  1. When you were almost 2, you were totally different from Cyrus! You were a book freak clinging to a ratty afghan and pillow, following me around making me laugh and cry at the same time. Cyrus looks so much like you did, but that is where the similarity ends!!

    Thank you for the sentiment about me being with you for a few days. I always look forward to seeing my off-springs' off springs!!

    You make me proud to be called your mom and Cyrus' Nanny!

    ReplyDelete