Thursday, February 18, 2010

...and she SHOWERS!


Today was a great day.  The new cast is lined with Gortex, and can get wet.  This means no more sponge baths, and hello shower!  I stood under that shower this morning until I was wrinkly all over.  It felt great.  I lathered and washed for almost an hour.  Wow.

Now that I'm clean, I'm already starting to think about next week and my return to work.  I think that I'm ready, and that it will be good for me to get back into my routine.  My first hurdle is clothing.  Hmmm.  We are very casual at my work, but all that I've worn for the past two weeks are sweatpants because I can't do the buttons on my jeans (why are 90% of my jeans button-fly!?!?!).  Sweatpants won't quite cut it for me, so I was brainstorming with a friend yesterday who said I should wear my maternity pants.  This idea did NOT appeal to me very much until my inner realist sunk in and made me see that it was a decent option.  So, I've pulled them out, and tried them on, and they will work.  A little roomy, but they pleasantly pull-up with no buttons.  A cast wearers dream.  So, I will be wearing them until either I learn to button with my cast or the cast comes off.  I can't wait to see the kind of rumors this will start!  ;)

I was up really early this morning (3:33am to be exact).  I couldn't fall back asleep, and I honestly think it was partly because I couldn't wait to shower.  Like a little kid before the first day of school (um...a little kid that LIKES school).  The other stuff on my mind is healing time.  The orthopedic said it was a full (non-displaced) break in my wrist bone, and so it might take a while to heal.  It might not heal properly.  I might get arthritis in my wrist.  And I could go on and on....but I won't.  I still have a lot of pain in my side, and he said that the cartilage that connects some of the ribs could have a fracture.  There is no course of action but to wait.  And I will.  The point is, I want to wrap this up and sneak in a nap before my two favorite guys get home.  So I will!

AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment