Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Germs!

I've been sick for over a month.  This is ridiculous.  I haven't been incapacited (no fever, no real aches)....more of a "walking" sickness, but really...I'm ready to be germ-free!  I had a cough for 3.5 weeks (that is finally gone), and have had a sinus infection for about a week now.  What a mess.

Before I had a child, I usually got a "cold" once per year.  That's it.  Seems like my little germ-fest of a kid carries alot of things home to share with us.  Isn't that nice of him?  Hmmm....I'm not amused!

I'm so reluctant to start a strain of antibiotics, because I'm convinced that my immune system is really close to beating this latest germ.  I really can't even remember the last time that I actually had an antibiotic.  I felt quite antiquated when the doctor subscribed a "ZPAC", and I thought, what's wrong with good old penicillin?  I haven't filled the prescription yet.....there seem to be alot of adverse reactions to this ZPAC.   Why would I want to feel sicker from something that is supposed to make me better?

So, I'm going to try the saline flush tonight.  The idea kind of grosses me out, but there are tons of people out there that swear by it.  At this point, I just want the sinus congestion gone.  Hopefully it will be the quick fix that I'm looking for!  (Although, I've had to gear myself up for this all day long...am I a wuss, or what!?)

Along these lines, I've been thinking alot about the H1N1 vaccine, and whether the bennies are going to outweigh the cons.  I was really at the point last night where I thought that I was not going to get my son the vaccine (he did get a seasonal flu shot), and then my husband said, what would you do if that flu killed out son.  Ouch.  Why is there so much guilt and drama involved with being a parent.  These decisions really drive me crazy!!!  From what I hear, it only gets more difficult...these are the easy problems to deal with.  Yikes.

Here's to good health!

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the visit to my blog. :)

    I'm sorry you are sick. I hope the flush worked for you.

    as for the H1N1 vax...you can counter back with "how will you feel if the vax gives our child an auto-immune disease?" Seriously...there is no easy way out in this. It is all a crap shoot. sigh...

    on that pleasant note....have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete