Tuesday, November 2, 2010

VOTE!

I love to vote.  The first thing I did when the day I turned 18 was to register to vote.  This didn't help me to win any popularity contests, but it was really important to me.

I like the idea that we elect public officials to REPRESENT us.  Seems like lately, politicians have lost sight of this, and I'm not sure why.  They are supposed to work for us.  I think the only real time they try to act like they remember this is during election time.  

Voting Day certainly does shake things up and open a few eyes, and this year it should be a doozy.  Mid-term elections haven't been this exciting in a while....and I know I'm going to be up late eagerly awaiting the results.  I even bought popcorn.  Yes, I'm that much of a dork.  And I love it!

So, quit your complaining, and go DO something.  Let your voice be heard.
VOTE.

No comments:

Post a Comment