Friday, April 20, 2012

Hello, 2012!

It's been a long time since I've used this space.  I've thought about it often, but haven't quite had the time or motivation to visit it.


Since my last post, we've welcomed a baby girl into our lives.  What a joy she has been.  These baby days have been very different than the first time around.  She is such a happy girl and rarely finds time to fuss.  She adores her brother and he loves her more than anything.  I couldn't have asked for a better scenario.  


Pictures of the kids both in the same pose and at about the same age (4 months).  Funny stuff, eh?




Well, it is proving true that the hardest job around is that of MOM.  Juggling work and home life and finding the balance to enjoy both isn't the easiest.  Staying "present" and enjoying the moments as they pass is a goal of mine.  I tend to spend time doing things that will make the next day "easier" instead of just concentrating on the present.  These days will fly by and before we know it, our babies will have grown into adults and we won't know where the time went.  This is my biggest fear, and the most inevitable truth.  I can't say that the baby years are my favorite, they certainly aren't....but at the same time, as my kids grow older, I appreciate the fact that we only get this time with them once.  I am actually already afraid of what life will be like when they spend less and less time at home and needing us.  Although, since this last pregnancy, I've had some exacerbated fears and phobias, so it could just be hormones!

Well, I'm wasting away precious naptime (BOTH kids are sleeping at the same time!).  Time to get some real work done.

Peace,
AJ



No comments:

Post a Comment