Thursday, February 10, 2011

No Resolutions

I don't make New Year's Resolutions.  They don't work for me.  I do recognize that the start of a New Year is a good time a fresh start, a time to reflect on what has past and what you would like to see ahead of you.

I've decided to give myself a "theme" word and color for this year.  A word and phrase to help inspire me make the year be what I want it to be.  Hokey? Maybe.  Its okay.

2011 Theme Word:  Minimize
I want to rid my existence of extra "stuff".  I don't want my surroundings, my mind, or my relationships to be cluttered.  Period.  I've started "purging" the house of extras, and the initial run through was easy.  Continuing to follow through on this won't be easy, but I will remain determined.  My goal is to surround myself with the people, things, and experiences that make me happy.  I think that the more "stuff" we have, the easier it is to get distracted from what really makes us happy.  Hopefully the minimizing will help me appreciate all that I have even more.  Seems simple....minimal.  Yes.


2011 Theme Color: Yellow!
Just because it makes me happy.


And...just for fun, I'm throwing in two "Bonus" phrases:

Personal Excellence .  (I'm cheating on this a bit...I just started reading a blog by the same name, and I like it.  It is a good reminder to choose to excel at what-ever it is you choose to do.  I like that.  Its a great reminder.)

Impulse Control.  I added this one late in the game (this post has been in draft for a while!).  I need to think about what I say (or do) before I actually say (or do) it.  I need to think about the impact it will have and determine how to act appropriately in order to achieve the desired end result.  Whew.  That isn't an easy one for me, but I'm working on it.  Think before you speak. 


This year has started off well, and I'm optimistic about 2011 (despite the HUGE amounts of snow that we have).  Cheers.

AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment